Mould Damage Removal
How Can We Help?
Mould Damage Removal Melbourne
Professional Mould Removal, Mould Repairs and Mould Cleaning Services in Melbourne
Capital Facility Services specialises in providing professional mould removal and mould damage cleaning and restoration services across Melbourne. We are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) in Applied Mould Remediation for our mould remediation service and follow their standards in all mould removal, mould cleaning and mould remediation programs we manage.
Some facts you should know about mould
- Mould is a fungus that forms and reproducers via micro spores that travel through the air and attach themselves to moist environment. Mould should be contained so that it does not continue to spread.
- Mould has different forms and may not always be easy to identify. It could look like a stain or a smudge or it could appear to be discoloration or look like “fuzz.” Mould is not always easy to recognise. The most common moulds are black, green, or white. You may not always see mould, sometimes you will smell it. It could be hidden behind furniture, inside cupboards, in your roof cavity or under your house.
- Mould will grow in damp and poorly ventilated environments. Mould loves moist and humid environments and seeks out organic matter from which it sustains itself and spreads, such as wood or dirt on surfaces. Mould also tends to digest synthetic materials like paints and adhesives.
- To prevent and reduce mould issues in your home you must remove the moisture and humidity from your environment. If the moisture levels in your home or business continue to be high the mould issue will continue to appear and spread. No one can guarantee that mould will not reappear in a humid environment, so be aware!
- Mould spores are toxic and can affect your health. You are at serious risk if you are exposed to it or try to clean it without following the correct procedures and without the appropriate PPE. The Victorian Better Health website provides information on mould and your health.
Our 8-Step Process
We know this is a stressful time, so we want to ensure you, that it is easy for you to understand the steps involved to address your mould issue and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Mould contamination online review and onsite mould assessment:
An assessment is undertaken before any mould removal or mould cleaning is performed by our Mould Removal Specialists in Melbourne.
Online mould removal reviews and estimates are provided free of charge
We will give you a guide on what we think might be required. These reviews are not always sufficient to address all unknown issues that can be addressed by an onsite assessment but are a good way to start the dialogue of what might be required.
Detailed onsite professional mould removal assessments
Through an onsite Mould Contamination Assessment our aim is to identify the cause of the mould growth, so we can determine the best way to address it so that the mould does not keep growing back. Where necessary we will organise laboratory-based mould testing by qualified hygienists. If the mould issue is not extensive, we may be able to contain it during the initial assessment to reduce the risk of it spreading. There is a fee associated to this service.
Speak to the Mould Damage Removal Specialists
Speak to a water damage emergency Specialist
ISO Certified Company
for 10+ years