Water Damage Emergency
How Can We Help?
Water Damage Emergency
Professional Flood Damage Restoration Melbourne
At Capital Facility Services we understand that an unexpected flood at your home or workplace can be very unsettling. This is why we offer a 24×7 flood damage restoration service aimed at removing the flood and excess water, protecting your content, drying water damaged carpet and other structures. We also engage a process control moisture levels in order to prevent any mould and mildew that can appear if surfaces are not dried properly and excess moisture is not removed from the atmosphere in the affected areas.
Call our emergency assist service on 1300 554 418 at any time to find out how we can help you in your time of need. We aim to attend all flood and water damage emergency requests within 1 hour across all of Melbourne.
What to do if you have a flood and water damaged house or office
Here is a list of a few things you can do to help limit the impact of flood water damage.
- If you are in a sever flood zone, put your safety first.
- If possible identify and stop the source of water flow causing the flood. Turn off taps, switch of water from the main if you have a burst pipe or cannot turn off taps.
- Shut down power to all areas affected by the rising flood water
- Wipe down wet furniture and remove it from flood affected rooms, if this is not possible try raise smaller furniture and other valued items above the water levels
- Remove any rugs and other valuables to a dry area
- The more items you can remove from the flood or water damaged room the better, this will reduce the amount of moisture they absorb and will limit any damage to these items.
- Protect any drapes by lifting them of the floor
- Open windows and doors to help with air circulation
- Try to mop out as much water as you can or use large light coloured towels to pick up as much water as you can
- Never use your vacuum cleaner to remove water from your carpet or floor. It does not work and can cause you to be electrocuted.
- Never use electrical appliances in water damaged areas as they may cause electrocution.
- Do not wait for your flood or water damaged home or business to dry naturally, you could be causing more damage, much of the damage being caused is not immediately visible.
An IICRC certified water damage restoration service provider like Capital Facility Services will first use specialised equipment to determine what surfaces are wet and the degree of saturation. The readings from this equipment direct how the drying program will be conducted against different surfaces. often water wicks up the wall or your substructure and this cannot be felt by touch, the specialised water damaged inspection equipment identifies this less obvious water damage to your home or business.
A mitigation program then commences to extract water from the affected carpet and other areas and will then undertake a high powered drying process using high powered drying equipment to dry your wet carpet, wet floor and wet sub-floor. Walls and other structures area also dried using heavy duty structural drying equipment and techniques.
During the drying process drying equipment will be left in your home or business, as will equipment that addresses the humidity in the areas being dried to ensure that all excess moisture is being captured and removed, reducing any future issues of mould and mildew from occurring.
Once the drying process is completed, the restoration program can commence. This can involve new flooring or underlay, replastering and painting, or it could involve rebuilding of some structural elements of your home or business that cannot be restored.
At Capital Facility Services we project manage all aspects of the restoration program with our network of specialised service providers, including electricians, plumbers, builders, cabinet makers etc.
This depends on the degree of water saturation. In many cases it takes between 3-5 days.At Capital Facility Services we use specialised water saturation reading equipment during the drying process to determine the length of the drying process and design a program that is specific to the needs of each client.