A flooded or water damaged property requires emergency water damage restoration intervention. If you are unfortunate enough to be affected by water damage to your home or business here are some key things you should do fast to avoid the extent of damage to your property.
- Identify the cause of the water ingress and stop it. Switch of taps, switch of water mains if required.
- Shut down power in all areas emerged in water to ensure your safety.
- Do not use vacuum cleaners to suck up water, it is dangerous and you could be electrocuted.
- Lift curtains and drapes from wet areas to avoid them being water stained and damaged.
- Open windows to improve air circulation and reduce moisture build up
- Use towels or mop to remove any excess water from your floors where possible
- Remove furniture and other valuables from wet areas to protect them from getting saturated with water and from moisture build up that could cause them to be come mouldy in future. If this is not possible try to make small balls of foil and place these under your furniture to elevate it above the wet areas.
- Do not try to use heaters to dry your wet carpet. It is dangerous to stand them in wet areas and they do not have the power required to dry your water damaged carpet.
- Call a professional and IICRC certified restoration company to remove the excess water and dry your wet carpets, floors, walls and other surfaces.
- Professional organisations use special equipment to remove excess water from your carpet, and use industrial strength fans suitable for different types of surfaces to expedite the drying process and so reduce the likelihood of mould build up. You will also need a dehumidifier to suck up the excess moisture that will cicrulate in your home during the drying process.
Capital Facility Services is a certified organisation that has been drying wet carpet and restoring water damaged homes and businesses to their pre-loss condition for over 20 years. We are available 24/7 and aim to be at your water damaged location in Melbourne within the hour. Call us anytime on 1300 554 418
Water damaged carpet and ceilings viewed with a standard camera and the extent of the water damage shown via an infra red camera.