Are you starting to notice the tell-tale signs of mould in your home? With its pungent smell and unsightly appearance, mould is something that no home or business owner likes. It’s also an issue that you want to tackle quickly before it has a chance to grow out of control. At Capital Facility Services, we carry out mould removal in Melbourne and surrounding areas.
Mould and mildew thrive in damp environments. Unfortunately, it doesn’t take much damp to encourage them to grow. Some of the commonest causes of mould include:
- Roof and foundation leaks
- Interior humidity
- Overflowing washing machines and sinks
- Windows without adequate seals allowing condensation in
As well as providing mould removal in Melbourne, we can restore any major damage that occurs after floods. To avoid the re-emergence of mould we remove from your property, the root cause will need to be addressed.
Mould comes in many different forms, and it isn’t always easy to identify. Because of this, the first stage always involves assessing the type of mould and how severe it is. We’ll identify the best way to address the root cause of the mould so that the problem doesn’t reappear.
We’ll then contain the affected area, and if necessary, we’ll use an air filtration system. From there, we’ll address the cause of the mould. For example, if you’ve recently encountered a flood, then we’ll carry out flood remediation. Or, if there is a broken pipe, fascia, or guttering issue, we’ll tackle that too. Addressing the cause of the mould is a crucial step, as the problem will only return otherwise.
If the mould is only on the surface of the area we’re treating, we can use specialist chemicals to remove it. Otherwise, we’ll need to remove the surface that the mould has sunk into. We’ll then commence our elevated moisture drying program to ensure we achieve appropriate humidity and dryness levels in the treated area.
When it comes to mould cleaning in Melbourne, we can never overemphasise the need to address the root cause. Without doing so, the problem will come back, and so will we.
Other ways you can prevent the need for further mould cleaning in Melbourne include:
- Make sure you maintain a good level of humidity in your home. If you live in a humid environment, use a dehumidifier. Humidity of less than 63% is ideal.
- Use ventilation systems and/or open windows after showering or cooking. The faster you remove steam and condensation, the better.
- Make sure your windows benefit from a proper seal. If you haven’t replaced them for a while, ask a professional to check the seal.
- Try keeping indoor plants, as they can absorb some of the moisture from the air.
If you believe mould is an issue in your home, don’t suffer in silence. Call us on 1300 554 418 and we’ll attend to your property as soon as we can.